Friday 24 September 2010

Like for like...

"Friday, once again!  That must mean it's time for a game show tribute!"
"Yay!"
"This week I think we will play: 'Blankety Blank'.  I'll say a sentence replacing one of the words with a 'BLANK' and you have to say what you think the missing word is - sound OK?"
"Sounds brilliant! Go ahead."

"First sentence:  Luckily the man wasn't injured as the live bullet had been replaced by a BLANK.  I'll repeat: Luckily the man wasn't injured as the live bullet had been replaced by a BLANK."
"Blank."
"No, nope - you see, no - you did hear the rules correctly didn't you?  You're supposed to replace the 'blank' with the word you think fits best."
"I know."
"Not on that evidence.  The answer was 'dummy round'.  Let's try again."

"Due to a good year at work the boss said he would write a BLANK cheque for the Christmas party budget.  Due to a good year at work the boss said he would write a BLANK cheque for the Christmas party budget."
"Blank."
"No, 'big'. Let's try one final time." 

"My girlfriend and I are trying for a baby but things aren't working out.  She hasn't fallen pregnant and says I'm stressed and firing BLANKs.  My girlfriend and I are trying for a baby but things aren't working out.  She hasn't fallen pregnant and says I'm stressed and firing BLANKs."
"Blanks."
"No! the answer was 'too many employees'.  I give up."

No comments:

Post a Comment