Friday 3 September 2010

Shady practice...

"As I suspected he's suffering from a rare but relatively minor infection that can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics."
"Oh that is wonderful news.  We feared the worse, we really did.  Can you prescribe the antibiotics?"
"It really would be my pleasure to do so...but...I only have one batch left and I was hoping to sell them for quite a decent price as it happens."
"But my son?!"
"Yes indeed, quite, alas without the drugs the prognosis is rather bleak."
"So give him the medicine! Didn't you take an oath when you became a doctor to act in your patients' best interests?!"
"Indeed you are quite right - well, at least I should have done - alas my tutor was dyslexic and I ended up swearing always to be a hypocrite..."

No comments:

Post a Comment